22 June 2012

Regalo de fin de curso

Teacher's gift

Hoy quiero enseñaros en lo que he estado trabajando estos últimos días. Bueno, es algo que se hace en un día, en unas cuantas horas, pero en fin, con los niños, el trabajo, la casa... pues yo he echado más. Estoy supercontenta con el resultado y me encantan los colores.

Today I wanted to show you what I´ve been working on these last few days. I feel a bit ashamed because this is something that could be done on a day but it took me at least 4 days. Uff... I´m just so tired at night when the kids are in bed... But I´m delighted with the result and the contrast of colours.


Se trata de una funda para libreta que le vamos a regalar a la profesora de mi hijo de 6 años como regalo de fin de curso. He usado algunos trozitos de tela que tenía por la casa, he abierto algunas cajitas de botones y éste es el resultado.

It is a notebook cover for my 6 year old son´s Múinteoir, which means "Teacher" in Irish. I used some scraps of fabric, a button and some ribbon I had at home, so it turned out really cheap :o)

Empecé cortando las telitas siguiendo el tutorial en inglés de Cindy. Muy sencillito, de verdad. Bueno, yo como referencia usé una libreta con portada de pasta dura de tamaño A5, así que cambié un poco las medidas.

I followed Cindy´s tutorial, which is great, simple and easy to follow. Give it a try! I used an A5 notebook with a hard cover so my measurements were slightly different. 


Y luego a coser. Yo añadí una etiqueta y un bordado en las solapas interiores.
And time to piece everything together. I added up some embroidery and a label as you can see below.




La funda lleva un marcapáginas con un colgantito donde pone "Hecho a mano" en inglés.
The cover has a pagemarker with a little "hand made" charm at the end to add some extra weight.



Mi hijo firmó en un papel y yo lo transferí a la tela con un rotulador de tinta lavable y luego lo bordé. El texto  está en irlandés y dice: "Gracias, Srta. Áine de Rodrigo".
My son signed his name on a piece of paper and I transferred it to the fabric using a washable ink marker. I then embroidered it. The text is Irish and it means: "Thanks a million, M. Áine" from Rodrigo. In Irish and Spanish children address their teachers by their first name, instead of their surname, so the M. is actually the abbreviation for "Múinteoir" (teacher). 





Y aquí tenéis un detalle del cierre del broche.
A detail of how to keep the cover and the notebook closed. Just a bit of ribbon and a button.



Ahora ya sólo me queda comprar una libreta como la que usé de modelo y que no esté pintarrajeada por mis chiquitines. :o)
And now I just have to buy a clean brand new notebook like the one I used and that is all "artistically destroyed enhanced" by my two little devils. You have to love them! :o)



Espero que os guste.
I hope you enjoy it.
Un abrazo.
XXOO


Lola


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...